In-house Training Services and Consultancy
This in-house personal development programme will help your team develop the skills to be effective inspirational managers and directional Leaders.
Your team will have an analysis of your own style of communication so that they can understand themselves and get the tools and techniques to become powerful communicators.
- Greater assertiveness and productivity
- Increased motivation to work towards goals
- Get the best out of your staff so you can delegate
- Ability to reduce conflict within your team
- Communicating throughout the organisation
- Build rapport to get results
- More harmonious working environment
*Your next step is to call us now on +44 (0)20 7729 6677 or email us at email@example.com or use our contact form and find out how we can help. There are no commitments, and if we cannot help our advice and recommendations are free of charge.
Sample programme - Day one
- Identify your preferred style of communication
- Learn how to become sensitive to other people’s style
- Use the different styles to enhance how you communicate
- Managing diversity of motivations within the workplace
The Generation Game
- Increase your awareness and flexibility in how you think and how it impacts on those around you
- Table of Thought – a unique document that will enhance how you think and communicate
- Mastering how you present and hear information to steer interactions
- Discover Problem and Outcome thinking to drive different actions
- Differences in managing Generations X, Y and Z
- Techniques to manage older teams and individuals
- Expectations and approaches for directing younger teams and individuals
Role play and application
- What is active listening and how we achieve it to build trust and understanding
- Listening exercises to aid understanding and reduce potential conflict
- Applying lessons to specific situations
- Redirect with group to examine outcomes to specific situations
- Reflect on learning in peer groups
Sample programme - Day two
The positions we adopt
How to manage conflict
- Transactional Analysis and how this transfers into roles played in the workplace
- Types of ego states
- Communicating with similar / different ego states
Use your voice more effectively
- What is conflict?
- The Drama Triangle and its role in creating conflict
- What is your default conflict approach?
- Tools and tips for managing conflict
Move with the right meaning
- Breathing techniques to help relaxation and vocal projection
- Understanding how your voice suggests meaning
- Exercises to increase vocal presence
- Techniques to help you speak with greater energy, confidence and enthusiasm
- Using the power of pause to influence meeting
- Calibrating assertiveness through intonation
- Exercises to develop confident and approachable body language and positive first impressions
- Leaking and dribbling – what we don’t say but we give away
- Status: who’s the big cheese and who’s the shrinking violet?
- Tap into looking and feeling more confident with at least two powerful techniques
- How to direct your communication and thinking through posture and eye movements
- The power of body language to influence meetings and move to results
- Gesture and words – look more engaging and speak with greater conviction and enthusiasm
- How we can use body language to increase or break rapport
- Exercises in using body language to increase rapport with others and reflect status.
Alison Kemp is a highly experienced trainer and coach in interpersonal skills and communication techniques focussing mostly on technical professionals. She graduated from London Guildhall School of Music & Drama and is a Master practitioner of Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), which covers key skills in personal and organisational development. Most recently Alison is also instrumental in developing and lecturing an online Post-Graduate Diploma in Creative and Innovative Leadership in Africa for Blake Hall Business School and works with Cass Business School on the Executive Development Programmes. With her combined experience in the arts and business world, Alison’s constructive and stimulating approach leads delegates to regularly regard her workshops as highly practical, informative and inspiring.
We don't have any currently scheduled dates for this course but we can customise it to your requirements and deliver it on an in-house basis for any number of your staff or colleagues.
See below or contact us to discuss yor requirements.