Niche Marketing for Coaches is the essential handbook for building a life coaching, executive coaching or business coaching practice.
Based on years of first-hand, practical experience this book shows you how to transform yourself from being just another coach into someone who stands out to your clients as the natural and only choice.
As you read through the pages, you’ll discover how to:
- Identify your own, personal niche
- The marketing techniques which work best for coaches
- Anticipate your prospective clients’ wants and needs
- Work with coaching tools and models when planning your marketing strategy
- Set your coaching rates and put packages together
- Win business from individuals, sole traders and large organisations
- Write press releases, brochures, websites, sales letters and much, much more!
‘Essential reading for anyone who’s serious about running a life coaching, executive coaching or business coaching practice.’
Jonathan Jay, founder of The Coaching Academy
‘A highly recommended resource book that all coaches should own…. this book is a marvelous ‘insider guide’ to the art of defining your coaching niche. It is concise, yet thoroughly comprehensive in its exploration of the sometimes complex subject, whilst remaining an enjoyable book to read with its healthy doses of practical advice, borne out of the author’s pure experience. The lack of jargon means that the reader is informed and supplied with the necessary tools to be effective, as well as being given invaluable ‘tricks of the trade’ to help avoid some of the pitfalls out there in the real world. I have learned a lot from this book and it has changed the way that I now approach marketing as a coach.’
‘I have learned a lot from this book and it has changed the way that I now approach marketing as a coach. A highly recommended resource book that all coaches should own.’
Grant Willcox, 2Excel Coaching
‘Hannah McNamara is a successful coach who has the rare quality of actually walking her talk. In her informative new book she shares her secrets of success. A must read for all coaches.’
Caroline Shola Arewa, Health and Success Coach
‘For all coaches who refuse to settle for mediocrity and are going for gold. At last a coaching book about marketing know-how!’
Shipla Unalkat, Author
ONE: Using Coaching Tools
- You already know the answer
- What is marketing?
- The secret to effective service marketing
- The wheel of marketing
- GROWing your coaching practice
- ‘If you fail to plan, you plan to fail’
- SMART goals save you money!
- NLP techniques in marketing
- Modality marketing
TWO: Choosing Your Niche
- Niche coaching
- Niche marketing
- Maintaining variety in your coaching practice
- Niche coaching or niche marketing?
- Niching online
- Mass marketing
- Getting the context right
- Identifying your own niche
- The next step
- Maslow’s hierarchy of needs
- Here’s another little secret
- Failure is not an option!
- International Coach Federation (ICF) survey
- How do coaches market themselves?
- How long does it take to start building a practice?
- How do coaches price their services?
- What is coaching worth to the client?
- What can you include in coaching packages?
- How much should I charge?
- Who pays for coaching?
FIVE: Your Marketing Message
- Have a benefits-driven message
- Know your outcome
- Increasing your success rate when talking about your marketing message
- How to win clients and influence referrers
- Use your client’s language … word for word
- The power of persistence and the reality of repetition
- Keep in regular contact with people
- What is networking about?
- Why network at all?
- People buy people
- Formal networking groups
- Online networking
- Seminar/event networking
- Niche networking
- Hunting versus farming
- How do you approach people at business networking events?
- What if you get stuck with someone?
- Asking for referrals on more sensitive issues
- Getting referrals from your clients
SEVEN: Public Relations (PR)
- Getting featured in the press
- Topical versus timeless
- What is ‘news’?
- Broadcast media
- Following up your PR
EIGHT: Public Speaking
- Getting booked as a speaker
- Know your outcome
- Creating a buzz
- Getting permission to contact people
- Taking questions and answers
- Be yourself… really
NINE: Getting Started on the Internet
- What do you want your website to do?
- Getting the right keywords
- Use testimonials and case studies
- Clients want to be coached by a person
- Should I include my rates on my site?
- Writing content for your website
- Getting the look right
- Style of writing
- How do you choose a website designer? / DIY websites
- Selling products via the internet
TEN: Other Marketing Methods
- How often should you promote yourself?
- Direct marketing
- Stationery – letterhead and compliments slips
ELEVEN: Asking for the Business!
- What do you say?
- What if they’re not my type of client?
- Getting commitment
- Negotiating your terms
TWELVE: Creating Your Marketing Plan
- Coaching practice in pre-launch, launch and maturity phase
- Key problems and challenges
- Public speaking
- PR publicity
- Advertising, direct marketing, sales letters, postcards
- Writing a brief for your supplier
- Setting your marketing budget
THIRTEEN: Making It Happen!
HRM Coaching Ltd
Hannah McNamara (now Hardiman) is a Chartered Marketer, qualified coach and popular speaker. She is the Managing Director of HRM Coaching Limited in London and coaches professionals to help them get more from their staff and win more business from their clients. She also runs the coaching website www.MarketingHelpForCoaches.com
When Hannah launched her coaching practice, she decided to try lots of different marketing techniques to see what worked and what didn’t – the logic being she’d rather learn from her mistakes sooner rather than later so that they didn’t cost too much to put right! Now she shares what she’s discovered about the ups and downs of Marketing a coaching practice in her new book Niche Marketing for Coaches.
ISBN 978 185418483 2