Frequently asked questions
Listed below are our most frequently asked questions, if you have a query about our courses, it maybe answered here. Of course, please feel free to contact us if you have a question that isn’t answered here or if you are unsure about anything.
1. How can I book?
A confirmed booking can be made in 1 of 3 easy ways:
- Book through our website – all our course pages have a ‘Book Now’ button that you can use to book on the course.
- Send your details including delegate name, job title and full contact details to our contact form here
- Telephone us directly on +44 (0)20 7749 4749
2. Are there discounts available for multiple bookings?
All of our courses have an early booking discount so it is advisable to register as early as possible to get the best possible rate.
To help you make more of your training budget, we also offer significant discounts when your colleagues attend a course with you:
- 30% off the second delegate
- 40% off the third delegate
- 50% off the fourth delegate
Please note only one discount can be applied to a delegate, so if you are booking within the early booking discount window, discounts for 2nd/3rd/4th delegates will be based on the full course price.
If you wish to book more than 4 delegates, please contact us for pricing, or to discuss how we may be able to deliver the course in-house.
3. I am registered to a course. How do I access the timetable?
The timetable of each event is available approximately a week prior the course. After logging to your account, please click on “My courses” and “View details” next to the course name. Additionally, an email with the timetable is sent to all the delegates before each event.
4. Can I cancel or transfer my booking?
Depending on how soon it is to the date of your course, you may be able to cancel or transfer to a later date. Please see our booking terms for more details. Note that if you are unable to attend, you may name a substitute delegate at any time.
5. Will I receive a certificate?
Upon completion of a course all delegates will be awarded a certificate of attendance for their continuing professional development records. More information on CPD.
You can download your certificate from your account after both the payment and the course evaluation form have been completed; or contact us if you would like us to send it to you.
1. How can I make a payment?
Payment can be made in 1 of 3 easy ways:-
- Via bank transfer – the bank details will depend on the provider of your chosen course and your preferred currency; please use the details on your invoice, which you will receive by email after booking (and can also be downloaded from your account)
- By cheque – similarly, please follow the instructions on your invoice
Credit/Debit Card – card payment may be made at the time of booking, or subsequently via your account. If you are unsure, please lease call us on +44 (0)20 7749 4749 and we can take card details over the phone.
What VAT do I need to pay?
- Customers in the UK will usually need to pay UK VAT on face-to-face and webinar courses
- Customers outside the UK will usually need to pay UK VAT on face-to-face courses, but zero VAT on webinars
- Other rates of VAT may apply on self-paced courses, or face-to-face courses which take place outside the UK. Your basket should show the correct amount of VAT depending on your location and the type of course you are booking.
Accounts and passwords
1. How can I create an account with on IPI?
You will be prompted to log in or create an account during the booking process.
Note that if you are already registered with our training partners Falconbury or Management Forum, you can log into IPI Academy with the same details.
2. I have forgotten my password. What can I do?
The login icon in the top right also features a Forgot Password facility - enter your email address and we will send you a link to reset your password. If you are unsure, please contact us and we can do this for you.
Webinars and live online training
1. How do I access the webinar?
We will contact you before the course to confirm the webinar link is available in your online account (under the 'My courses' section). Please note:
- The link you see in your account is specific to you, and will ensure your name shows in the webinar itself. If you are attending with colleage(s) please do not share your link with them; they should each use their own specific link. Please contact us if you are having trouble finding your webinar link
- Once the link is available, you can access the webinar any time prior to the event. We encourage you to do so, to ensure there are no technical problems (eg your browser may require you to enable permissions for your camera and microphone). Please refer to our webinar guide if you are having trouble.
2. What are the technical requirements for the webinar?
Most of our webinars are delivered through your web browser and require no downloads. We have a separate guide to help you with this; please refer to this if you are having problems.
3. What if there is a problem on the day?
- One of our staff will be available at the start of the webinar to introduce the presenter, ensure everyone is connected, and help resolve any problems
- We will stay online throughout the course in case of further problems; but we may not always be on audio, so please send a private message (click on your host's name) in the webinar room if you need assistance
- In the unlikely event of a service outage, please monitor your inbox; we will be working to resolve the situation and will email you any updates.
Face to face training
1. What is the dress code?
The dress code for all our courses is smart casual. We want to ensure you can focus fully on the training and get the most out of the course so please make sure you wear comfortable attire.
2. Where is the course held? What time does the course start and end?
Your booking confirmation will tell you the name and address of the venue at which your course is taking place, and the start and end times. Alternatively, if you navigate to the page for the course on this site, it will show this information and, in most cases, provide a link to a map.
3. Is there accommodation nearby, at what price and how can I book it?
If the venue has been confirmed for the course there is a link on the event page to a dedicated webpage that will advise of the preferential booking rate arranged and alternatives in the area. We also have a list of hotels that we partner with for accommodation. For further information don’t hesitate to contact our customer services team via out contact form
4. How do I get into London from:
- Heathrow airport
- Gatwick airport
- Take the Gatwick Express to London Victoria departs every 15 minutes and takes approximately 30 minutes; for more information https://www.gatwickexpress.com/
- Stansted airport
- Take the Stansted Express to Liverpool Street departs every 15 minutes and takes approximately 45 minutes; for more information https://www.stanstedexpress.com/
- London City airport
- Flying to London City Airport brings you closest to the City, with the airport located in East London; for more information https://www.londoncityairport.com/getting-here
5. Is lunch included in the price?
Lunch and refreshments during the day are included in the overall price.
6. The course I am attending is residential – what does this include?
All residential courses include accommodation – the number of nights varies depending on the length of the course – please check individual course listings for more information. Please bear in mind that on some courses there may be evening work.
Marketing emails and mailing list
1. How can I subscribe to the mailing list?
Please use the subscription form at the bottom of the page.
2. I no longer want to receive any marketing emails. How can I update my preferences?
- Please contact us, and choose the mailing list reason;
- Or, simply, click the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email you have received
In either case, you will still receive specific notifications relating to your account or bookings - eg invoices, event reminders, etc